WEAR RED, BE CLEAR
* The clear bag policy for men's and women's basketball games at Pinnacle Bank Arena can be found here*
Fans are encouraged to bring only necessary items into Nebraska Athletics venues.
Each ticketed attendee will be allowed to enter with one (1) clear plastic bag. Fans will be able to carry the following styles and bag sizes into Nebraska's athletic facilities:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12 (bag straps of any kind are allowed)"
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the venue with one of the clear plastic bags. The bag cannot be larger than 4.5" x 6.5".
- Exceptions will be made for approved medical needs items after proper inspection. These can be handled at any gate entry point.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Coolers (Larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Briefcases (Larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Backpacks (Larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Fanny Packs (Larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Solid string bags (Larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Luggage of any kind (Larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Computer bags (Larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Camera bags (Larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Binocular Cases (Larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Diaper Bags (Larger than 4.5" x 6.5")
- Any bag larger than the permissible size
- Non-approved seat cushions and chairbacks*
*Non-approved seat cushions and chairbacks include large traditional seat cushions that have backs or metal fastenings. Seat cushions must be 16" or less in width.
BAG POLICY FAQ
Why did Nebraska Athletics adopt this policy?
The University of Nebraska regularly evaluates existing policies, practices, and procedures to determine its level of compliance with industry recognized best practices. Upon reviewing the previous bag policy, we determined that a realignment of the policy was necessary in order to continue to provide our fans the safest and most enjoyable experience. World events continue to shape the methods utilized for venue security within Nebraska Athletics and the Event Management Industry.
This proactive measure will enhance safety inside and outside of Nebraska's athletic venues. The National Football League (NFL) and other NCAA Stadiums have adopted similar policies in order to provide an additional level of safety for spectators and fans.
NOTE: Nebraska Athletics encourages fans traveling to other venues to consult those respective facilities' game day policies and procedures.
How many bags can each person bring into the venue?
Each ticketed guest can carry one large clear bag - either the 12" by 6" by 12" clear bag or a one-gallon Ziploc-style bag - plus a small purse (4.5" x 6.5"). The small bag allows privacy for small personal items and can be easily searched.
Are seat cushions allowed to be carried into the venue?
Only approved seat cushions may be carried into the venue. Large traditional seat cushions that have back rests, metal fastenings, pockets, zippers, compartments or covers are not permitted. Seat cushions must be 16" in width or less. See graphic for approved seat cushions.
What about bringing blankets in cold weather?
Guests may bring blankets into venues by carrying them over a shoulder or arm. This will allow guests to be screened easily.
What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Guests carrying bags that do not meet the criteria will be asked to return them to their vehicles. Fans may transfer their personal items into a provided, clear, Ziploc-style bag and discard the bag that does not meet the new guidelines.
Fans parking in remote lots and/or taking alternate forms of transportation to Nebraska Athletic facilities should consult Nebraska Game Day policies and procedures prior to arrival in order to minimize inconveniences.
If I have certain items that I need to bring into the venue for medical reasons and they won't fit in the clear bag, what do I do?
Exceptions will be made for approved medical needs (ex. breast pump). Medically necessary bags or equipment brought into a venue will be required to be inspected and tagged by security. Medically necessary items on Football Game Day may be inspected and tagged at any gate for properly ticketed individuals.
For questions about medical equipment or other needs please contact the Nebraska Athletic Event Management and Operations Office at 402-472-1003.
Do I have to put everything I'm carrying into the permissible bags?
No. We are limiting only the type of bags carried into the venue, not permissible items that are brought to a game. Therefore, guests can carry in their pockets or jackets: keys, makeup, feminine products, combs, phones, wallets, credit cards, etc., if they choose not to put them in a clear bag or purse (4.5" x 6.5"). Guests can carry a blanket over their arms, and binoculars and/or cameras around their necks or in their hands. Guests can use the clear bag to carry any personal items that meet the specified criteria.
Will clear bags with patterns or oversized logos be permitted?
No - bags covered with patterns or oversized logos that jeopardize the screening process, by not allowing security staff to view through and inside of the bag, will be denied entry. Fans will need to transfer personal items into a provided Ziploc-style bag and return the prohibited bag to their vehicles.